Wednesday, December 17, 2008

College Stress

As my friends around me receive letters of acceptance, I'm regretting my decision not to apply for early decision or early action at any schools. I finally found my dream school, but I'm afraid it's too late. And having people close to me stressing me out about how i should have gotten my stuff together earlier and should be working on college things instead of enjoying my life isn't helping.

Also, with college letters coming out, I'm starting to worry if my essays and applications will be good enough. I wrote about a meaningful experience, but was it meaningful enough? How am i going to compare with kids who come from prep schools that have been preparing for college with rigorous academic schedules? And what if I wanted to do sports in college. Will I be good enough compared to the kids from the boonies who play sports all day in lieu of shucking corn?

I don't know what my future holds, but I feel that wherever I go, it will prepare me to live on my own and support myself during these stressful economic times.

3 comments:

Robin said...

dont worry scrap youre one of the smartest people i know. u of r should give you a damn full ride!
p.s im feeling that picture of the roc

Samone said...

Lija! I totally agree with this blog. I happen to feel the same exact way, college can just be just be so stressful and sometimes I just want to avoid the whole application process.

Tom Sipples said...

What's your dream Lijahhh?