Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

2009 has finally begun. With the new years here, I'm ready to implement my New Years resolutions. What are they you ask? Well, their pretty common, but I plan to stick with them even though I'll probably encounter adversity.

First off, I'm going to be nicer to people this year. Though I'm a pretty nice girl, I can always be nicer. I think it's way easier to be nice to people rather than expend all your energy being negative. Having a negative personality brings more negative things toward you which usually causes bad things to happen to you. Hence the word karma. Also, no one likes a Negative Nancy.

Second, I'm going to do better in school. Instead of going home, making a snack and then taking that ever popular after school nap, I'll do some homework and study... possibly. Hopefully not slacking off this year will help prepare me for college and the work load I'll encounter, even though i have minimal work to do.

But do resolutions ever stick? Or are they just things you say you're going to do and forget about them after January 1st? For me, I try and reach my New Years goal, but I eventually forget and don't remember until the next New Years. However, I think that this time will be different because I can really benefit from changing these certain aspects of my life and it will help me in the long run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you! i'll try to be more mature and get pass life! :)